Orono U11 C1 Girls take first place in the Iowa Just For Girls Tournament
The Orono U11 C1 Girls took first place in the Iowa Just For Girls Tournament April 27-28 in Des Moines, Iowa. The team traveled south with the hopes of getting a few games in on the grass before the MYSA season started. They played teams from all over Iowa and ended up with 5 games in just two days (whew!). The Orono girls outscored their opponents 18-5 in the summer-like weather and got a good dose of team-bonding and sunburn to begin the year.
To promote, foster and perpetuate the sport of soccer and to engage in such activities that may be related to the sport including but not limited to, the organization of soccer teams and the organization and promotion of events for soccer.
- Ages U9 through U17 in the spring/summer season.
- More information can be found here: www.oronothunder.org/page/show/341378-travel
- Ages U9 - U14
- Weekend games only, practice during week.
- Season includes the 5 weeks following Labor Day. Pre-season activites begin Aug.
- Age 4 (Pre-K) through 2nd grade. Additional information for rec soccer can be found here: http://www.oronothunder.org/page/show/341604-recreational-program-faq
- Age 4 (Pre-K) through 5th grade.
- 2-3 meetings per week, one of which is on the weekend.
All Orono Coaches and Managers are required to complete on-line training for concussions provided by the US CDC. Parents are encouraged to learn more on concussions and to take the on-line training to help identify and treat concussions.
CDC information and on-line training
The MYSA policy can be found under our resource tab - policies.